- This event has passed.
PCSBV Volunteer Training – Physical Issues and Supports
April 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Date: April 16, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 12noon
Facilitator: Catharine Hinds and Cathy Jones
1. Understand the most common life-limiting illnesses, their treatments and side effects
2. Understand the care needs of people with those illnesses
3. Understand the volunteer’s role in providing physical care and pain and symptom management, and how to provide that care
4. Recognize when a person is experiencing pain and appropriate comfort measures
5. Recognize the signs of death and care needs when the end is near
6. Understand infection control policies and know which practices to use
At the end of this module, volunteers will be able to:
• Describe common illnesses and their treatments
• Describe their role in providing physical care, including any limits to that role
• Demonstrate that they can recognize pain and choose appropriate comfort measures based on the person’s needs
• Describe the signs of death and describe the care volunteers provide at end of life
For more information, please contact the Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 403 707 7111.
We appreciate you sharing your time and talent with PCSBV!