- This event has passed.
PCSBV – Volunteer Training – Role of the Volunteer
May 12 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Date: May 12, 2023
Time: 1:00 – 3:00pm
Facilitator: Bill Harder – PCSBV’s Palliative and Grief Support Navigator and Volunteer Coordinator
1. Understand the philosophy and goals of hospice palliative care
2. Understand the role of the volunteer on the hospice palliative care team
3. Understand the limits of the volunteer’s role
4. Understand how the organization where they are volunteering is structured
5. Understand the relationship between hospice palliative care and other services
At the end of the module, volunteers will be able to:
• Define hospice, palliative and end-of-life care
• Describe the philosophy and goals of hospice palliative care
• Describe the interdisciplinary hospice palliative care team and the role of different members, including the role of the volunteer
• Recognize their rights and responsibilities as a volunteer
• Define the boundaries of the volunteer role
• Understand the structure of PCSBV and its link to other services in the community.
For more information, please contact the Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley via email at email@example.com or telephone 403 707 7111.
We appreciate you sharing your time and talent with PCSBV!